Error 101, Error 102
What are ERRORS 101 AND 102 (Main Board and Overload) and how to resolve it. Reasons and Solutions:
A. The most common occurrences of these errors are caused by having thread caught in the hook area, commonly referred to as a "Bird's Nest". Bird nesting typically occurs when the bobbin is not set properly: whether the tension is incorrect, the bobbin case is dirty, or the bobbin is not properly placed in the case.
- Remove the excess thread from underneath the needle plate. To do this, you will probably have to cut away all of the nested thread with a pair of scissors.
- Remove the bobbin and case from the rotary hook.
- Remove the bobbin from the case.
- Ensure the bobbin case is clean.
- Once the bobbin case is clean, reinsert the bobbin and ensure the tension is correct.
- Next, you want to make sure the pre-tension is adjusted correctly.
- The last tension adjustment you want to make is to the main tension.
- If all of the above steps have been followed and you are still having an issue, you may need a new bobbin case. You can purchase them online at: https://siistore.com/collections/bobbin-case